Pages

12.23.2011

"Alienation", by Jon S. Lewis


This book has just about everything a young reader would enjoy: alien invasions and infiltrations, aliens transforming to look like humans, jet packs, action, fighting, you-name-it!  If you missed it, this book is for teens and tweens, not adults.  I must have missed the memo on that part when I requested a review copy :-)

This is book #2 of the CHAOS (Central Headquarters Against the Occult and Supernatural) trilogy.  Not having read book #1 in the trilogy, I was concerned that I would be lost early in the story.  However, Lewis presented a comic book at the beginning recap-ing the important details of that first book.  I was able to jump right in without a problem.

The action and adventure take off right away with the 3 main characters operating their jet packs in an obstacle course training session prior to entering the CHAOS Academy.  Colt, the main character in the series, is the Christ-type -- the only one who can save the world from the alien invasion of the Thule species.  It is his destiny, but he didn't always know it.

"Alienation" wraps up a portion of the story, but leaves enough room for adventure in a final book in the trilogy.  I honestly found myself wishing I had book #3, wondering what would happen next.

This one is an easy read, and is short on depth and detail.  So it won't bog down a young reader's mind, but keep him/her excited about reading.  I highly recommend it, giving it 4 out of 5 stars.


DISCLAIMER: I received this book from Thomas Nelson / Booksneeze free of charge in exchange for my unbiased review of it.  I was not threatened or coerced in any way to provide a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment